Customer Database

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Sat Apr 12 11:04:47 MDT 2008

I use Access for my database of pianos at the school.  I also have a
date for 'next tuning due'.  It is a calculated field based on the 'last
tuned' field and the 'times per year' field so it's automatically
calculated when the 'last tuned' field is updated.  So if a piano is
scheduled to be tuned 4 times per year it adds 365/4 days to the 'last
tuned' field.  Then I have a query that looks for 'next tuning due'
fields that are either already past or will show up in the next 14 days
and it prints me a list.

A real database program like Access is the most complete way to go about
data storage though admittedly it is more complex to set up.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT

dporritt at smu.edu <mailto:dporritt at smu.edu>