More classic false beat tricks

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Sun Apr 13 16:25:03 MDT 2008

Hi Ric,
Thinking. about transverse and liniar sound waves and the energy that is
present to excite the back scale segments of the string and other back
string segments of notes not being played. Causing them to sound in with the
struck string.
Like ghosting.
Just an observation, I have never heard a false beat in the sections that
have braiding of the back scale that could not be lessened by seating the
string. My thought here, is loose bridge pins, are the cause.
But if one braids off the section one also kills projection and sustain of
the piano.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com