Drumming up business

Richard Gullion pianoguy52 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 14 06:30:34 MDT 2008

I use the phone. As I leave an appointment I tell them I will call at what ever interval we discuss. Which I do. I only talk to the person whose name is in my file as the person who booked the tuning in the first place. I dont leave messages. I keeping calling until I get that person. I call as far back as 1, 2 years. After that a post card. It works great for me. But I dont mind being on the phone. Agreed its not for all.Richard the "Piano Guy"www.thepianoguy.webs.com

From: mccleskey112 at bellsouth.netTo: pianotech at ptg.orgSubject: Re: Drumming up businessDate: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 07:21:23 -0500

Gregor: One thing about reminder cards is that they are non-threatening and safe. But they are expensive and time consuming over the long haul. Be brave and use the phone. You are already paying for it, use it. Here's how it works. When you finish tuning, ask the customer how often they would like to have their piano tuned. Then ask if they would like a reminder call. If the answer is yes, then schedule that call when you get home. When that date comes, make the call.
Gerald McCleskey

!