Failed string splicing -- charge for time?

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 17:53:19 MDT 2008

I do believe the root cause is that some P22 scales had VERY high tension. I
think in the past (during the piano's warranty period) Yamaha would provide
lower tension scaled bass string sets (and perhaps the specs to send to your
string maker, post-warranty).  In other words, it ain't your fault John!
IF this were an in-home situation I might allow neurotic thoughts to back
myself into a corner and comp the time "wasted". For a piano that's in a
concert venue? Well I'd make sure the bill for the new string would include
every minute of time it may require (followup touchups etc.).
Dat's captalism, friends!
Patrick Draine