Failed string splicing -- charge for time?

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Sat Apr 19 11:47:51 MDT 2008

John,
Maybe this has been pointed out already but in my experience many P22s and broken bass strings go together like red beans and rice. Poorly scaled in the bass, these pianos have had scale re-designs done and are available. I think Yamaha has a new scale as well as some of the bass string manufacturers. I have had a few of these with popping bass strings that I have fixed with a new set of rescaled bass strings. Of course you could do this re-scaling yourself but these sets are available off the shelf and seem to work fine.
Fenton