stretching wire -- an anecdotal analysis

paulrevenkojones at aol.com paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Sat Apr 19 02:38:21 MDT 2008

 Ric:

Certainly I hope that this is "tongue in cheek". I would abandon the trade/art/craft of pianos if I believed that we didn't need to know the answers to such questions, and by "needing" to know I mean needing in myself to know as well as I can know such things. It would be a pretty dull endeavor otherwise. Ja, just go collect the bucks and leave. Ho-hum. It is only the need to know and understand that drives toward better pianos, better design, and certainly, better capability to service the pianos we work on. The growth in piano technological knowledge is much like watching laws being made--not pretty, and seriously time-consuming. Not in my lifetime, probably, and not in yours, but incremental over generations.

And cheers to you, too! :-)

cause in the end we dont really need to know the
answer to such questions