Palm Nailers (again)

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Sat Apr 19 11:07:52 MDT 2008

>Palm Nailers (again)
>Delwin D Fandrich fandrich at pianobuilders.com|

>I have a shelf full of jigs and fixtures I've made over the years. Many of them
>I have no idea what I made them to do.

>Del

Embarrased to say I have several boxes of my jigs, lovingly packed for the move to Portland, still in their boxes four years later... Maybe some convention some day should include an exhibit room dedicated to all our home made jigs (used and unused).

However, I recently restrung a Chickering grand for a friend. He had bought some German tuning pins with a real pretty blued coating. Unfortunately, my impact hammer tip did nick them some, so I had to restring the whole piano with a two=pound sledge again.  First time in YEARS.  It was pure torture! And took MUCH longer.

Diane Hofstetter