Answer was Re: Okay, what's yer guess?

Alan Barnard pianotuner at embarqmail.com
Sat Apr 19 17:54:28 MDT 2008

Oh, bravo. Well played. Whoop, whoop.

Mark Schecter was tapping around the edges and Ken Gerler nailed it down! (I think I gave too many good clues, there.)

Fascinating history. This is his first electronic piano (vacuum tubes). It also came in a three-legged home model, but this was designed for classroom music instruction. Ken describes the action very well (see below) except in this early model (1946-48) there is not the block of wood on the keystick that Ken describes, just a thin strip of felt for the "capstan".

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO