Desperate Deductions

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Sun Apr 20 11:33:26 MDT 2008

Phil writes:

<< I just got finished with writing out the biggest check I have ever

written, and it was to the IRS.  I gotta get me some deductions for next

year!   I figure I better get my butt out to the convention this

summer.  I know most of us are not tax attorneys, but could someone make

me feel good and tell me about all the good deductions I can take by

going out there?  >>

Greetings,
    If you really want to feel good, congratulate yourself on having a good
enough year to have tax problems. These are good problems and far better than
being without work.
   The deductions for attending the conventions, (and I write off every
penny), are worth something, but in comparison to the value gotten from being there
in classes and making contacts are so minor that going to the convention
would be worth it even if you couldn't deduct it at all!
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Need a new ride? Check out the largest site
for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.<BR>
(http://autos.aol.com/used?NCID=aolcmp00300000002851)</HTML>