stretching wire

kurt baxter fortefile at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 19:29:26 MDT 2008

"Relaxation" does seem to be the key word to search for in relation to the
> phenomenon we are discussing.  Here's an abstract from another paper (1992)
> -- again music wire including at normal temperatures:

Well I have to admit this is very compelling.
I am tentatively sliding off the agnostic fence to join you.
I still do not claim to understand the phenomenon, but the evidence being
presented is
strongly stacking up on the side of "stretching over time", no matter what
decide to call it.

I am also confused as to the relationship between "creep" and "relaxation",
and I'm not
sure I understand what is actually happening on the molecular level, but it
seems clear
that something important is.

I look forward to hearing Ron Nossaman's reaction to this. Unless he has a
compelling rebuttal,
I think my mind is starting to settle.

Thank you so much for your efforts in research and education, and let us all
try and keep our
worldviews vulnerable to new evidence.

[kurt]