stretching wire

kurt baxter fortefile at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 18:36:14 MDT 2008

> and also to avoid excessive stress-relaxation due to creep of the steel.

Wow, how do you find this stuff, and why hasn't anyone presented it to Ron N
and his camp before?

Does anyone see any fault in principle with the apparatus?

The only possible issue I can think of is whether the measurement device
(the dial gauge)
will be sensitive enough to detect the small amount of movement we are
talking about.

If indeed the string is stretching far enough to be acoustically
significant, but not enough
to register on the dial, the test would end up giving a false negative.

You may want to make the needle longer for more precision...

[kurt]