Pitch Raise Pricing

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Apr 22 16:21:49 MDT 2008

Here in Florida, pianos kept in modern air-conditioned closed-windowed homes
almost without exception, do not vary more than a couple cents with seasonal
climate changes. If a piano is flat, it almost always has been more than a
year since the last tuning. So a pitch raise is an add-on item for me - not
part of a standard tuning. A pitch raise takes me about half the time a fine
tuning does, so I charge half my standard tuning rate.

Terry Farrell