Hard Hammers

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Apr 23 11:51:39 MDT 2008

Hi Dale... which is why I mentioned in the post Jon quoted... that in
the case of hammers that cant be needled I recommend changing hammers
instead of dinking around with soakings / steamings... whatever.

Would be nice if one first is to quote and comment... that one keeps
things in context.....

Cheers
RicB

    Hi John

    Petrified felt, yes indeed a, Paul Bailey coined phrase. I've tried
    the Dremel many times & find it rather useless, but hey they can't
    be worse. I simply marvel at the lack of interest many piano makers
    have in tone as is evidenced by what they call piano hammers. Those
    who purchased the inexpensive pso simply need the paradigm shift
    that they got a bargain that they now need to invest in to make it a
    legitimate instrument. Like getting a great car cheap that needs a
    tune up & further performance enhancement. Ok....adequate car All
    our heroic voicing efforts in these cases as I see it.... are not
    our problem. I of course, suggest a hammer transplant as usual.
    A for effort John

    Dale