Young Chang brackets - again

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Wed Apr 23 20:20:47 MDT 2008

Geoff

Call YC at 866-798-6979 Ext. 136. Ask for Sam or Phil. YC will send them out for free, but your customer will have to pay for the installation and regulation.

Since you've done some "regulation" already, you're going to have to undo that. The last one I did about 4 weeks ago took me a little over 3 hours.

One bit of advice that helps. Put the end ones on first. When you do one, before tightening the wippen rail screw, line up the jack with the knuckle core. Then do the other end, followed by the middle ones. For each one, check the jack/knuckle alignment. You might still have to do some tweaking of this alignment, but everything else will more or less fall into place. I've done 4 of these since I've come to Hawaii, and what I've just described has worked for me.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of