Calling Potential Clients

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 24 12:40:23 MDT 2008

I recently tuned for a client, who, after the tuning, gave me a two page list of all the music/voice teachers in my area.  Since I just relocated to the area she was was being nice and helping me out.  It has addresses and phone numbers.  Some have e-mails, but not all.  Would it be polite or professional procedure to call these people introducing myself so they know I exist?  Have any of you been faced with a similar circumstance?  It sounds like a good starting point, but on the other hand, I don't want to hurt myself before I even get going.  I tend to think of the telemarketers who call me.  What have you all been faced with in the past?

  There's 17 people on the list, and I may make some business, but I want advice first, before I jump into it.

  Thank you,
  Matthew