Calling Potential Clients

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Thu Apr 24 14:37:08 MDT 2008

Matthew,

Personally I don't like cold-calling, either doing it or being the "callee",
but I think it can be done in a pleasant way. The telemarketers I especially
dislike are (a) overly-friendly ("Hey Paul, how's it goin' today?") and/or
(b) overly pushy ("whassamatter, don't you like firefighters?")

If I was one of those teachers, I wouldn't be insulted by a "courtesy call"
(just don't call it that.... that term is vastly over-abused!) just
introducing yourself, mentioning the client who gave you my name, and asking
if I had a regular tech  and offering my phone number and/or email address
and/or website.

Paul