Story and Clark Grand (Water Damage)

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 18:44:05 MDT 2008

I think the school should consider it a total loss -- without tearing it
down it's hard to be certain that the pinblock actually is OK, and likewise
for the soundboard. I don't remember where you're located, but if it's
someplace like New England (dry superheated winters, uncontrolled heat &
humidity in the summer -- ESPECIALLY in public schools) I would NOT want to
be explaining why those components failed after I had cashed the check for
the partial rebuild.If you could get it for next to nothing, and you could
let it season through appropriate wet/dry cycles, it might be a nice piano
to do a spec rebuild on.
I believe that Story & Clark had Yamaha make G1 style pianos with the S&C
nameplate back in the 60s-70s. I have one in my clientele that's as decent
as any Yamy G1 can be.
Patrick Draine RPT
enjoying NEECSO 2008 very much!