Story and Clark Grand (Water Damage)

tom tomtuner at verizon.net
Sat Apr 26 07:12:22 MDT 2008

Matthew,

            It’s a Yamaha grand with the Story and Clark name on the front.
Best piano Story and Clark ever “made” !  <G>

            Same era as the Kawai made Howard for Baldwin. Now it’s Asian
made Boston’s and Essex  for Steinway and every name you can remember made
in China.

            Anyway, I’d be careful about any definitive assessment on water
damage as the final result may take a while to show up.

            Without seeing the piano I think the school would be best served
by declaring this piano a total loss.

            The next step is to assign value and I will leave that
discussion for another thread.

            Tom Driscoll

   _____