scratched key cover

richard.ucci at att.net richard.ucci at att.net
Sat Apr 26 12:58:12 MDT 2008

Not sure about that , but any help you could provide would be great.
Contact me off list regarding this, and another matter I want your help with.

Thanks,
RU/UP
-------------- Original message from voce88 at aol.com: --------------

Mike posted first, but I could meet you in South Jersey and we can help, Rich. Also, maybe Fred R. can help. He does finishing, doesn't he?

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Co.

I need some help with a very agravating situation. New client, Wurly spinet ca: 70's with the flat sliding key cover that folds over keyfronts.
After removing the top part which was screwed in at both sides (the part with the music rack), I tuned the piano and replaced the top just as it was before.

That night I get a call from the owner saying , "You scratched up my piano!

I went back the following day and indeed the key cover is rubbing in several places. I drilled two new screw holes and tilted the cover back so as to not rub the keycover, but now I am faced with making repairs to said cover.

I don't do repairs to the case and am having trouble finding someone who does.
I could use some advice on this mess, and has this ever happened to any of you folks?
Also, to what extent dollars wise ,should I be held liable?

Thanks,
Rick Ucci / Ucci Piano

 How far are you from Langhorne, PA? I can probably help you.

Mike McCoy

richard.ucci at att.net wrote:
[...]

Plan your next roadtrip with MapQuest.com: America's #1 Mapping Site.