hammer return spring string

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 26 19:43:42 MDT 2008

Call Yamaha 800-854-1569.   They will send you the cord on a paper thingy.   The archives has lots on this repair.   If you can replace the cord do it, rather the the flanges.   If you have to replace flanges do every other butt assembly so you can travel the new flanges.   If just the cord, release them all and let them dangle on their bridle straps.   With a sharp tool, scrape old cord out and glue on side on at a time with yellow glue.   Then go back and do the other.   Re-assemble and collect your check...probably 4 hours once you get the hang of it.   Good job for in front of the TV...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044