hammer return spring string

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 28 06:41:26 MDT 2008

 It's about the way I do business.  If a piano is out of regulation, I ask
the customer if they find any complaints about the way it plays, generally,
then refer them to the ptg web site and recommend the check out
"regulation".   If it's a concert player, that's different. To my mind some
pso's are so badly off that they don't merit more than an impossible attempt
to tune them.  I will gently suggest that if their kids get better, nuance
will be impossible with what they have presently.  But other than that, if
it ain't broke, I don't try to take their money.   The thing customers most
say they appreciate is my forthright attempt to be honest with
them............
les b

Hmm...kinda sounds like a variation on the "if it aint broke dont fix it"
line... the variation being "if they dont complain dont fix it".
Not sure I am comfortable with the idea though :)

Cheers
RicB

    I guess my point is that if over 100 teachers never had an issue
    with those
    spring loops, it is possible that the Yamaha action is at least modestly
    adequate without them.