Water Damage>

pcpoulson at sbcglobal.net pcpoulson at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 27 22:49:09 MDT 2008

Andrew: I would seem to be that your ethical obligation is to share your honest evaluation of the situation with the person who hired you initially. The insurance company can ask, but you are, in my view, required to share information with them only with your client's permission. The insurance adjuster can hire their own piano tech to evaluate the piano, and in fact ought to in order to avoid any conflict of interest. Make the truth be your refuge.
Patrick C. Poulson
Registered Piano Technician
Piano Technicians Guild