Water Damage>

Andrew Remillard anrpiano at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 15:42:32 MDT 2008

Willem,

Here is where the wicket gets sticky.  The owner asked what I thought the
piano was worth before the fire, but the insurance adjuster did not. The
adjuster did ask the owner, though I don't what he answered.  They did have
a replacement policy, though I think the insurance company is just going to
make an offer to the owner for the piano, and the owner has already told me
that he won't restore the piano.  My client is whoever's name is on the
check and that is the person to whom I owe full disclosure.  If the
insurance company isn't paying me I certainly don't need to volunteer any
information to them do I?  If they ask I would answer truthfully, yet...
whose interest do I represent? I can't help the client perpetrate a fraud,
but should I see to it that the insurer pays as little as possible or the
owner collect the maximum ethical amount? Subtle differences which can
amount to hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

Andrew

--
Andrew Remillard
ANRPiano.com