PDA-Based ETDs

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Tue Apr 29 08:04:58 MDT 2008

Terry:

The biggest drain on the battery is the light.  Dim the light as much as
possible and still be able to see it (you really don't need it as bright
as most people use them if you're indoors.)   I've had two iPAQs and
just last week got a Samsung i760 phone with PDA.  I've worked all day
with it and had no battery problems.  The other problem with this is
that I work a good share of the time in an area that gets no cell phone
signal.  The phone keeps pinging to try to find a signal and that drains
the battery a lot.  But, with the "extended" battery on this Samsung
unit I'm getting a full day of service from it in spite of the constant
pinging for a signal.

I'm using TuneLab Pocket as I have for years and I don't know if that
makes a lot of difference on battery drain but it might.  By the way, I
really like the i760 phone/PDA!

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT

dporritt at smu.edu