PDA-Based ETDs

Don Mannino donmannino at ca.rr.com
Tue Apr 29 08:09:17 MDT 2008

Terry,

A few things to check to help battery life:

- Turn off all wireless radios.  Bluetooth and Wireless LAN can both be
switched off and left off. If this model has infrared, you can dig in there
and disable that as well, although that doesn't have as much impact as the
wireless radios.
- Turn down the display brightness to the minimum that will work.  When
tuning you can usually work with the backlight in the lowest 1/5th area.

That should increase your battery time.  Most people report that they can
run all day on one charge, although some carry a car charger to refresh the
battery as they drive.

Some models have extended life batteries available, but I don't know if this
one does. At least not yet, since it's fairly new.

I don't tune all day often, but I do use the computer all day very often
when traveling, and it is rare for the battery to run out unless I needed to
use the wireless features a lot during the day.

Don Mannino

  _____