PDA-Based ETDs

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Tue Apr 29 08:06:15 MDT 2008

Hi Terry,

Look into the power management software--have the screen set to the lowest
useable brightness setting. Purchase a cigarette lighter adapter to charge
the unit between tunings. The RCT folks talk in terms of 4 to 6 tunings per
charge, however I suspect that Verituner may use more processor power
because of recalculating the tuning after each note is sampled. Be that it
may--the screen is probably the "power hog".

I'm not a fan of PDA's and do not own one.

So far as I am aware the ETD with the best battery life is still hands down
the SAT III.