PDA-Based ETDs

James H Frazee jimfrazee at msn.com
Tue Apr 29 08:17:54 MDT 2008

Terry and John,

First off, I'd call Dave Carpenter and friends to ask what they recommend; they're very up to date on all this.  Having said that, battery power is an issue so here's what I do.

1.  Always have it charging when you're home so you leave with 100% power.

2.  Always after or between tunings go to Menu-System-Exit to shut the unit down - don't just turn it off because Verituner still runs in the background.

3.  Never use the HP for anything else - calendar, contacts, anything, if you really want maximum battery life.

Terry, I'm with you so I don't let the unit turn off under battery power until I turn it off.  Still, I think you're lucky to get more than two tunings out of it.  YMMV