Heat Gun

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Tue Apr 29 20:08:58 MDT 2008

I have the Weller. I have never used the Ungar, but from the description, it looks like the Weller would be a better tool. In 31 years in business, I have only bought 4. The cold air switch is very useful. You should turn it to cold when you're done using the hot, to cool down the heating element slowly.That helps in the long run. I don't think there is a need to go higher than 800 degrees, which is the option with the Ungar. Also, I think the tip is smaller on the Weller. I've never used the attachments, but it looks like the Weller gives you four, instead of two.

Just my 4 cents (inflation) worth

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI