Heat Gun

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 20:48:53 MDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 8:47 PM, Matthew Todd <toddpianoworks at att.net>
wrote:

> In the newest Schaff catalog on p. 77, can someone tell me the difference
> between the $155.93 Weller Heat Gun and the $63.99 Ungar Heat Gun?  I'm just
> wondering why the almost $100 difference.
>
> I am trying not to go with cheap, and sometimes by paying more you get a
> better advantage, but I just want to know if the Weller Gun is worth the
> money.

I have the Weller "Princess" gun, and it works very well.  Some have
reported good results with a $20 device available at Hobby Lobby (maybe also
in the crafts section at Walmart).  I think it's used for scrapbooking.
 Might be worth a try -- I haven't had to replace my heat gun yet, so I
haven't needed to try anything else.

--
JF