Yamaha pedal pivot

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Apr 30 21:00:51 MDT 2008

> I just serviced a 20 year old Yamaha C7 where the sustain pedal was
> clicking badly whenever my foot touched it. I've encountered this before
> and had discovered that the nylon pivot pin bushings can be the cause of
> this symptom, but in this case the bushings were fine. The hole in the
> pedal itself was badly worn (hour-glassed) and the pin quite loose. Has
> anyone ever seen this before? My first thought was to just replace the
> pedals, but I was wondering about maybe epoxying the pin in place. Any
> thoughts?
>
> - Mark Dierauf

I'd consider two possibilities. Either braze the hole down,
re-drill and pin, or JB Weld. I'd also wonder what could have
possibly accounted for the pin being loose in the first place.
I've seen this before, and have yet to account for it in any
way other than it not having been installed minimally
competently at birth.
Ron N