[pianotech] new testing requirement

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Fri Dec 5 14:00:12 PST 2008

We're not doing the tuning exam right. We should be testing under 'normal" conditions.?which include, but are not limited to: TV blaring right next to the piano, kids screaming, the garbage truck going down the street, and backing up,?lawn mowing, dishes being washed in the next room, and the ceiling fan going.?At least that's what the conditions were?this morning. If anyone can tune a piano?with all that going on, then he should be qualified as an RPT.

Happy Holidays everyone.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Mililani, Oahu, HI