[pianotech] Glassing the block (was Scary Experience)

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Dec 8 08:14:15 PST 2008

>  Because some one else may wish to separate it later? It may be waaay
> later but...
>   I can tell you on the occasion where we allowed by accident just
> minute amounts of epoxy stuck to the plate that it pulled wood off when
> we did separat it & that was with mold release and wax paper.

Sounds like you need better mold release and waxed paper. BTW,
why did you use mold release and waxed paper in an accidental
gluing?

>    We fit our blocks prior to drilling & installing them in the
> case which is why we seperate them. Doing it the way I described doesn't
> change the final fit.
>   Dal Erwin

Yes, of course. I fit the block prior to installing it too. I
just don't glass them until final plate installation and I
know absolutely that the fit doesn't change. I don't claim my
way is right or best, it's just how I do it.
Ron N