[pianotech] Glassing the block (was Scary Experience)

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Dec 8 07:31:29 PST 2008

?Because some one else may wish to separate it later? It may be waaay later but...?
? I can tell you on the occasion where we?allowed by accident?just minute amounts of epoxy stuck to the plate that it pulled wood off when we did separat it & that was with mold release and wax paper.
?? We fit our blocks prior to drilling & installing them in the case?which?is?why we seperate them. Doing it the way I described doesn't change the final fit.
? Dal Erwin

?
My original thought was, why would I make what amounts to a perfect fit between plate flange and block with epoxy, then separate it??
Ron N?
?