[pianotech] RPT invoices and followup work

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 06:15:46 PST 2008

What are your results of getting "extra" work (i.e., beyond tuning) by using
the RPT invoices from PTG?
I'm looking at modifying the stock RPT invoice that PTG sells. I.e., taking
it to my local printer to get my business name and logo on the top.  But
keeping most of it like it is.

What I like on the RPT invoice is the space there that indicates service
needs to be done in particular areas: dampers, regulation, etc.  I'm
thinking that the visual right there in the customer's hands is good.  But
even if that needed work is pointed out to the customer, does it increase
your service work in those areas?  (I'm oh-so-well aware that there are
those who only want there pianos tuned, so I'm not talking about them.  I'm
talking about the conscientious piano owner.)

What I don't like (at first glance anyway) is that one invoice needs to be
used for each piano.  I often do work for churches where there are multiple
pianos. In these cases, one invoice per piano seems overkill.  But it might
be helpful to get some extra work if problems are noted for each piano.

Are there any other fields that you have added to your own personal invoice
that the RPT invoice doesn't have?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

--