[pianotech] RPT invoices and followup work

Shawn Brock shawnbrock at fuse.net
Tue Dec 9 06:54:40 PST 2008

Hello,

I use them more out of convenience than for any other reason.  A place I performed some part time work for used a somewhat modified RPT invoice and I liked those a little better in some ways.  The downside to them was they were larger than the RPT invoices, that made them cumbersome to carry...  However they had space for multiple pianos on one invoice and I loved that!  I tried custom invoices and the RPT invoices and have found the RPT invoice a cheaper and more convenient way to go for me.  You might consider just having a stamp made with your name/business name, RPT, address, phone, Web site and so on so you can just stamp a book at a time or what ever.  The stamp and RPT invoice is the cheaper way to go and it still looks professional.  I think my stamp was about $20 or less at Staples.  I order 6 books at a time from the PTG and stamp 1 book at a time.  One thing I like about this is if I move or any of my info changes all I have to do is get another stamp, I'm not stuck with a bunch of invoices that hold false contact information.  I cant say having all the options on a invoice has led to more work.  It is convenient when you work at an institution where the person who makes the decisions and pays the bill is not the person who takes the bill from you (I.E) Churches and clubs, its a little like leaving them a note of any problems you have found.  I can't say its helped to remind anyone or push them to getting said work performed though.  You might want to give the stamp and RPT invoice thing a try and if you don't like it your not out much money.  You can always use the stamp for other things.  I will use my stamp on any business related envelopes, bank deposits and so on.

Regards,
Shawn Brock, RPT
513-316-0563
www.shawnbrock.com