[pianotech] Restringing Q's

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 9 16:27:21 PST 2008

Not cost effective...you have to set yourself up with tools etc. each time or once for the full job.   Make sure to add that time factor into your bid...certainly the top treble sections are done more often on highly played pianos.   Unless you string a lot (I don't) you will be slow...there are a lot of things in restringing beyond just replacing the strings...bridge condition...bridge pins...new agraffes, treating the capo, new tuning pins or reuse existing  pins...

Question:  Why do you and the customer think it may need restringing?

David Ilvedson, RPT

Pacifica, CA 94044