[pianotech] creaking damper pedal

tom tomtuner at verizon.net
Tue Dec 16 18:52:22 PST 2008

Mr. B.
	I concur with our talented listees. I've had the pleasure? of
prepping a bunch of Asian makes and a poly squeak - groan is common on the
lower front panels. I put a thin film of V.J. lube on any surfaces that
touch each other (Including the dowels) and isolate the catch under the
keybed from the panel by gluing a small piece of leather over the top of the
panel.
You diagnosed  the problem when the noise followed the removed lower front
panel.
Tom D.