[pianotech] RPT exam?

Duaine & Laura Hechler dahechler at charter.net
Tue Dec 23 15:56:04 PST 2008

You forced me to touch on a subject that is very hard to talk about.

You see, I'm NOT your average person. Yes, I have been to audiologist
and have significant hearing loss - and - have psoriasis. My ENT (Ear,
Nose and Throat) doctor has stated that I am NOT a good candidate for
hearing aids - probably ever! All because, over the years, I keep
getting repeated bouts of patches of psoriasis on my - ear drums. And
there are treatments that will clear it up - but - only for awhile. At
any time, without warning, they can return.

Some of the higher range notes' unisons are hard to discern from the
note and "interference". Over the last year or so, to tune unisons, I
always have to pull it a little sharp and  come back down. I can't seem
to hear it the other way.

At least for me, this is way I'm trying to find a work-around for the
aural part of the RPT exam.

Could something like this be worked in as an exception ?

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at charter.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 10 years