[pianotech] plate cleaning

Jacques von Frasunkiewicz jacquesvf at msn.com
Wed Dec 24 06:48:58 PST 2008

Dear Colleagues,

Can anyone suggest a natural liquid/substance/ process of cleaning the  dull greyish plate of a 50 year old Steinway B? I can´t get cleaning products that are available in the USA.  I have heard that white vinegar can be used but it doesn´t seem to have an effect. Also, my client doesn´t want to have the added expense of re-bronzing regardless of my advice to do so.

Thanks,

Jacques/Brasília