[pianotech] center pin function

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Wed Dec 24 12:38:03 PST 2008

It all depends on your point of reference, actually. We operate under the
presumption of the earth is a stationary reference point. But it is
certainly in continual motion.

In a grand, if your point of reference is the shank, then the pin moves. So
perhaps, to be picky, we should say the pin should be stationary with
reference to wherever the birds eye is.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272