[pianotech] Bridge Pin Drilling Angle

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Thu Dec 25 11:47:36 PST 2008

Seems reasonable to me.

In a message dated 12/25/2008 7:43:55 A.M. Central Standard Time,
rnossaman at cox.net writes:

>  I wondered about that, but what are you insuring? There is no less
>  bridge on the top than any other place along the bridge, even though
>  generally the bridge pins are spread as little as 11/32". Aiming them
>  toward the notch may hedge against bridge notch edge compression. But
>  maybe not ...:-)

I try to lean them out a  little in the treble to get as much
of the pin (lower in the bridge body)  as far away from the
edge as I reasonably can, since I've got the unisons  offset to
the front of the bridge up there. It's probably not really
necessary, particularly with laminated caps, but feels better
to me  and is no extra trouble to do.
Ron  N

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.