[pianotech] Bridge Pin Drilling Angle

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Fri Dec 26 00:51:27 PST 2008

Wow, Frank, all good and well-considered answers! Thanks!

And I am particularly taken with the idea of the compound angle from the
perspective you describe--to achieve as efficient a lock as possible, and to
"offset" the bisecting vector. It is much like agraffes in the deep bass which
are angled to "sect" the staggered angle of the string from the tuning pin  and
then on into the speaking length. And whether is really makes enough of a
difference in the bridge pin lock to argue for the difference is moot.

Thanks again for your thoughts--they go much toward my own mindful  consensus
:-)

Paul

In a message dated 12/25/2008 9:56:40 P.M. Central Standard Time,