[pianotech] Satisfied but persistent customer question

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Sun Dec 28 18:30:37 PST 2008

Hi Geoff,

If she has a DC system and can't be bothered with using it I'd charge her
for mileage and tuning on every visit. Until it has both a bottom cover and
a string cover plugging it in may be almost pointless.

Ron, next time you fine tune a piano snug up the "plate lags" as you call
them after you are done--and then tell me it doesn't affect stability.

Jon, I do find that where I live sloppy coils do add to unison instability
as well as over all stability. Perhaps we live on different planets?

At 12:19 PM 12/28/2008 -0800, you wrote:

>She already has a full DC system installed by a previous technician, but she
>doesn't use it. Since I don't have to sell her one perhaps I can convince
>her to plug the existing one back in. I guess it's also time to discuss with
>her, again, the benefits of bottom and top covers, and closing the lid once
>in a while.
>
>Someone mentioned the PitchLock system. I've only read about it and seen
>pictures. If anyone has first hand experience with PitchLock I would like to
>hear more.
>
>Thanks all --
>
>-- Geoff
Regards,