[pianotech] Satisfied but persistent customer question

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Sun Dec 28 21:05:36 PST 2008

> next time you fine tune a piano snug up the "plate lags" as you call
>them after you are done--and then tell me it doesn't affect stability.
Hi Don,
I think you might have a stability problem if you were to pull the plate
down with the rim screws ( had to come up with a new term ) after tuning.
Might be a better idea to do it before. The question at hand as I understood
it was whether leaving them alone would add to unison instability, my guess
is probably not. A better test might be to monitor unison stability for the
next couple tuning cycles, after tightening the plate, with out changing
anything else. Maybe that's what you meant.
Fenton