[pianotech] Verdigris in Action Centers

Keith McGavern kam544 at allegiance.tv
Tue Dec 30 17:32:32 PST 2008

David C. Kunz,

What J. Patrick Draine says works very well. I have had excellent
results using the method he described, and I have done it without
removing the action parts. The trick is working the flange vigorously
until you actually feel the verdigris break free and to not be timid
in applying the Protek solution. A follow-up at the next tuning will
show which ones managed to stay free and which ones start to seize up
again.

Eventually, if the piano is used on a regular basis, this process will
be adequate for the person who is not willing to pay for parts
replacement.

Keith