Workshop setup

mccleskey112 at bellsouth.net mccleskey112 at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 1 13:59:35 MST 2008

Thanks Les. At least I know my post worked. Here is the deal.
I service for Pendley Piano Gallery in Shreveport - Bossier City metro. area. The owner has  connections with a large store in Houston and would like to have a shop area similar to the one there. Pendley's has been in business in the area for over 10 years and is the leading store in north Louisiana. They are the Mason & Hamlin dealers for this area. However they sell mostly Asian produced pianos. Their main competition is Dallas and Houston.
My guess is that we have around 4 to 5 hundred thousand people in our metropolitan area. There is no real competition in the area concerning rebuilding. Unless you want to count Dallas and Houston, of course. I think the major use of a shop will be store prep and repairs, for the short haul, since we are getting ready to start a rental fleet. But, since I'm the one in charge of this I would like to have enough room and equipment to be able to set up and rebuild one piano at a time. We probably won't have enough room for refinishing, construction sound boards and bridges and all the other things you guys do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Gerald McCleskey RPT
Shreveport, LA