cleaning action stack

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri Jan 4 10:10:47 MST 2008

William R. Monroe wrote:
> I suppose after 2500, one becomes rather good at duplication.  As a
> one-off, one-man shop, and fairly young, I haven't that experience.
>
> I'd guess my technique at duplicating the keybed at the bench is
> suspect.  I've tried to do that, and have had some success, but in the
> end I have found it easier just to do it at the piano.  Probably just
> need to open my mind and practice a bit.
>
> William R. Monroe

After saying what I did about bench mounted glide studs, I must say
that, IMMHO, in-piano is the best regulation.  I recently did a full
regulation job, cleaning up after what looks like a bench reg in which
someone didn't have the set-up quite right. (understatement)

--
Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076