Front lid extended during performance

David Nereson dnereson at 4dv.net
Sun Jan 6 02:31:32 MST 2008

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ron Nossaman
  To: Pianotech List
  Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2008 10:13 PM
  Subject: Re: Front lid extended during performance

  If the hinges can't take this stress, the piano is trash. It's
  a non event, or an indication of a need to upgrade.

      I don't agree with this at all.  I've seen Steinways and Mason & Hamlins in schools, where the hinge screws have pulled loose because of students and teachers ignorant of the proper way to open a grand lid.  And those aren't trash pianos.
      --David Nereson, RPT