Lid extended with a difference

Robin Stevens pianobee at bigpond.com
Sun Jan 6 14:10:42 MST 2008

Many years ago I fully restored a old Lipp grand for a local entertainment
centre. I got word that they were going to include a short story on the
local TV news and I keenly awaited to see how the Grand looked on TV. I
nearly choked on my cornflakes when the stage manager who knew nothing about
pianos started to show the camera their lovely restored grand by lifting the
lid directly up from the toe end!!! It appears that someone had stolen the
lid pins and the stage manage must have though that's the way they are
opened!!

In hindsight if he had have opened it up as per normal the presentation
might have gone off with more of a bang!!

Robin Stevens
South Australia