Being Called out on Stage

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Sun Jan 6 22:16:19 MST 2008

> I had the zapper...it belongs in a museum....good idea for
> the Home Office...a museum of bad ideas/tools in piano
> technology...;-]

Hey, I have some of those I'd donate. Tuning pin locks,
soundboard toggle clamps, hammer shank bender, etc. I bought
every one of them, mostly in boxes of miscellaneous from
tuners' estate sales and auctions.

I don't think Protek was around in those
> days...

Mineral oil.
Ron N

How about the bridge repair do-hickeys: don't know what they were called, but were metal clips that went over the bridges with raised parts that took the place of bridge pins.  Or the plastic key bushings--just insert after taking the old felts out.    My favorite I carry with me now to remind me of my Dad--a small license-plate like thing that says "Expert Piano Tuner". Dad used to laugh; "If you're an expert, you don't have to say so."  On the other hand, I loved Tom's story!!
Diane
Diane Hofstetter